The governing body has a range of duties and powers and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Biggin Hill Primary School and Cleeve Primary School have a merged Local Governing Body, and meet as one body.
There is an increasing body of evidence which indicates that formal collaborations between schools, that is consolidated through cross-school governance arrangements and shared accountability improve school performance.
These include the following:
- Shared accountability can lead to better progress and attainment for pupils, and help schools meet rising expectations.
- School leaders and teachers can share thinking and planning to spread expertise and tackle challenges together.
- Governors can work more strategically, especially during challenging times.
- School leaders can work together to find different solutions to recruitment challenges, to retain staff by providing new opportunities within the group, and to plan succession more effectively.
- Groups of schools can find it easier to provide richer curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Shared professional development can more easily be arranged, whether led by staff from one of the schools or an outside body
Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting targets for pupil achievement.
- Managing the school’s finances.
- Making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based.
- Appointing staff.
- Reviewing staff performance and pay.
If you need to contact the chair of governors, Mr Alan Chaffey, for any reason you can do so by calling 01482 825279, sending an email to email@example.com or posting a letter addressed to Mr Alan Chaffey to Cleeve Primary Academy, Wawne Road, Hull, HU7 4JH.
Governors (ID 2056)
I always enjoy my role, no matter how challenging. Having worked with children and families in a professional capacity for over twenty years, it is a privilege to be able to use my expertise for the benefit of our school and our children. I appreciate being part of such a strong governing body, who Â work in partnership with leaders to ensure that all of our pupils have the opportunity to reach their full potential in all aspects of school life.
Richard MarsdenVice - Chair
David BurtonParent Governor
Jonathon KnaggsParent Governor
To view governance information for Horizon Academy Trust, please click here.