Online Learning Offer
Our high-quality remote learning offer
At Cleeve we will:
- Provide online learning activities that are a combination of building on prior learning as well as adding in new learning. We will not simply provide tasks to keep pupils busy;
- Ensure pupils are provided with a range of curriculum areas which mirror what would be happening in the classroom;
- Follow a timetable which ensures your child has the Department of Education recommendation of 3 hours learning per day for children in KS1 and 4 hours a day for children in KS2;
- Respond to the work completed on J2E;
- Continue with assemblies and celebrations;
- Ensure your child still feels connected with the school by providing videos of staff who are familiar to them.
In this session for parents we will explore:
- Grammatical terminology. Consolidate your understanding of word classes including nouns, verbs, adjectives, determiners, conjunctions, pronouns and adverbs.
- Ways to support your child at home with their understanding of grammar.
This 45 minute session is free to all parents who have children at primary school.
Please click on the links below for J2E support
If you have any problems, email your child's year group e.g. email@example.com
Whilst children are at home more and probably making more use of the internet than normal, it seems like a good time to share with you these two really useful websites. They have lots of information and tips on how to keep safe online.
Additional Online Resources
In addition to the work on J2E, your child will have access to online reading resources through Bug Club.
For children in KS2, they will be able to complete work on their times tables using the Times Tables Rock Stars site.
Children should have brought home passwords for the above sites. Again, any problems, feel free to contact your year group email address.
Additional activities can be found on the following websites:
Home Activity Worksheets
Nursery and Reception
Year 1 and 2
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources Offering a month free membership
Year 3 and 4
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - all subjects
Twinkl - www.twinkl.co.uk - all subjects worksheets. Offering a month free membership
Bug club - www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
https://www.natgeokids.com/uk - geography
https://naturedetectives.woodlandtrust.org.uk/naturedetectives Nature detectives -
https://scratch.mit.edu/explore/projects/games - creative computer programming
Year 5 and 6
https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv - PE with Joe Wicks starting Monday 23rd March at 9am on YOUTUBE: The Body Coach TV ðŸ“º - available every day Monday to Friday